The option "Add and update" is suitable
- for the inital Excel import of the user data before go-live as well as
- for updating the user data during the awareness training.
I. Initial Excel import of the user data
To upload the user list, please follow the steps below:
- Open the section Users > User Management in the SoSafe Manager.
- Click "Import user data" and start the User Management.
- Select "Add and update".
- Download our Excel template and fill in the user data. Using the Excel template is the easiest way as the required columns correspond exactly to our system.
Note: Please keep in mind that the Excel file must be complete. Empty fields such as a missing name are considered as error.
Enterprise: If you booked the Enterprise option, you have the possibility to add two further columns for extended user data.
- Upload the complete Excel file via drag & drop.
- Select a header from the Excel file (the first row is usually correct and therefore selected per default). The header is the basis for the attribute mapping in the next step.
In the following area, the defined user data attributes are assigned to the columns of the Excel file. When using our Excel template, this is done automatically by our system. On the left you find the required fields/attributes, on the right the match with the Excel file. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Note: Attributes marked with a star (*) are mandatory. Only if these fields are filled out you will be able to save the setting and proceed.
Enterprise: At the bottom of the page you find a list of the Exel columns that could not be matched automatically and therefore could not be assigned to the attributes. Here you have the option to add extended user data.
a) Fixing errors: No errors were found: You can directly jump to the next step.
b) Fixing errors: Errors were found: When errors are found you are prompted to correct or delete incorrect user data. You have the possibility to either correct the errors individually or at once:
- User group assignment:
At the end there is a summary for newly added user data and user groups.
After the final confirmation the data records are imported.
II: Update user data
If you want to update existing user records (e.g. change surnames or email addresses), we recommend this procedure:
- Export the current user data to receive the most recent data records including the SoSafe ID.
Please find further information on the SoSafe ID here.
- Edit the user data directly in the Excel file.
- Start the User Management and import the new Excel file as described in section I above.
- In the final step you receive an overview of already existing and/or newly added user data and user groups.