First things to check:
- The SoSafe button has been deployed to you
Home > Get Add-ins > Admin-managed
- You have a compatible email account type (Exchange, Office 365, or Outlook.com)
File > Info > Account Settings
- You have the latest Outlook updates installed (esp. in Outlook 2013).
File > Office Account > Office Updates
Table of Contents
- Optional Connected Experiences is turned off
- Reading Pane is turned off
- SoSafe Report Button hides behind a dropdown
- Office add-ins have been disabled by your administrator
Optional Connected Experiences is turned off
Make sure Optional Connected Experiences are turned on. This setting is required in older Outlook clients to run Add-ins like the SoSafe Button.
File > Options > General > Privacy Settings
Outlook > Preferences > Privacy
If you cannot change this setting, it is managed by your exchange administrator. In such a case, please contact your IT administrator and refer to this article.
Reading Pane is turned off
The SoSafe Button is only available when an email is opened.
You have two options:
- Open an email by double clicking
- Enable the reading pane for an instant email preview.
View > Reading Pane > Choose Right or Bottom
SoSafe Report Button hides behind a dropdown
If you use the Simplified Ribbon, the SoSafe button might hide behind a dropdown menu. Disable the Simplified Ribbon by clicking the arrow on the top right.
See more information about the Simplified Ribbon.
New Outlook for Mac (2020)
In the new Outlook for Mac the SoSafe button is not shown by default. Click More actions (…) inside the toolbar to access the SoSafe button.
If you want the SoSafe Button to appear directly in the toolbar, go to More actions (…) > Customize Toolbar and drag the SoSafe button into the toolbar.
Outlook Web App (OWA)
You can access the SoSafe button via More actions (…) button on the top right of the message preview.
If you want the button to be directly displayed at the top right of the message (like above), you need to configure this is in your OWA settings.
- Open settings (gear icon in the upper right corner)
- Select View all Outlook settings
- In the settings window select Mail > Customize Actions
- Under Message interface, check the SoSafe button
- Save the settings
Office add-ins have been disabled by your administrator
Check if you can locate the Store icon, Manage Add-ins icon or Get Add-ins icon in your Outlook client. If any are missing, your administrator might have disabled Office add-ins. Please contact your IT helpdesk an refer to this Microsoft article.