A grayed-out button is typically sign that the Phishing Report Button cannot be used under specific circumstances.
Please make sure you are connected to the Internet and the following URLs are accessible (e.g. not blocked by a firewall):
You should see a light gray loading circle
You should read:
Aloha SoSafe API!
You should see program code
You will be redirected to the Microsoft Ajax Content Delivery Network page
Reading Pane is turned off
The Phishing Report Button is only available when an email is opened.
You have two options:
- Open an email by double clicking
- Enable the reading pane for an instant email preview.
View > Reading Pane > Choose Right or Bottom
Offline mode / No Internet connection
The Phishing Report Button is not available in offline mode. Look at this documentation to disable offline mode.
Message type not supported
The Phishing Report Button only works for reading email messages or appointments.
There are other special mailbox items where the Phishing Report Button will not work:
- A delivery report or notification (Non-Delivery Report (NDR) reports, read / non-read / delay notifications)
- A .msg or .eml file which is an attachment to another message.
- A .msg or .eml file opened from the file system.
Mailbox / folder not supported
Certain mailboxes and folders are not currently supported by the Phishing Report Button
- Group mailboxes
- Shared mailboxes
- Another user's mailbox
- Archive mailboxes
- Public folders